logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Possible Indexing Problem

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Sun Mar 10 12:19:09 GMT 2019

Hi Manfred,

we have the display tool to analyse the index, but it will fail on a huge index as it has a hard coded limit of 50 tiles.
However you should be able to display (convert to text) the basic structure with the tool and maybe that will help to find out what's wrong.
If you are interested I can post more details.

Von: mkgmap-dev <mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk> im Auftrag von Manfred Haiduk <manfred.haiduk at freenet.de>
Gesendet: Sonntag, 10. März 2019 12:57
An: Development list for mkgmap
Betreff: [mkgmap-dev] Possible Indexing Problem

Hi all

last week i was playing around building new maps with mkgmap 4282 and
the default style. Building smaller maps, i.e Nordrhein Westfalen, i
don't see any problems but the last map i tried out was complete
germany. And now it seems, that my device (GPSMAP 276Cx) will stuck
while searching POIs or Adresses. Today i changed the image to be load
onto the device and created it from MapSource instead the one build by
mkgmap. The functionality is better, but even not 100%. My question for
now is, is there a possibility to extract the index data out of the img
File to check it on the PC and eventually modify the data ?