logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Commit r4270: improve reader for polish (*.mp) format

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Sat Feb 9 11:55:37 GMT 2019

Hi Andrzej,

the manual says for that example:
"The path is still visible at levels 0 to 3 but the shape changes subtly between level zero (the greatest detail) and level one. At level zero there are four vertices in the line. At levels one and two this reduces to three vertices. What we are actually doing here is specifying that we are only interested in the precise shape of the bend in the path at the highest zoom level. Reducing the detail at higher zoom levels can reduce the size of your digital map, reducing upload times and helping to fit in memory where otherwise it wouldn't. "

Von: mkgmap-dev <mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk> im Auftrag von Andrzej Popowski <popej at poczta.onet.pl>
Gesendet: Samstag, 9. Februar 2019 12:44
An: mkgmap-dev at lists.mkgmap.org.uk
Betreff: Re: [mkgmap-dev] Commit r4270: improve reader for polish (*.mp) format

Hi Gerd,

I think GPSMapEdit does it correctly. Each line should be extended up to
EndLevel, so it means that first line should be present on levels 0-2
and second on levels 1-2.

Multiple DATA in a statement is not a typical case. I think these
statements are created usually by GPSMapEdit. I know about to cases.

First is, when you truncate map area. This operation can remove a middle
part of a polyline and create an object with multiple DATA on the same
level. That kind of statement could include EndLevel statement, which
should be applied for each DATA.

Second case is, when you convert img to mp. In this case, every polyline
contains multiple DATA on different levels, but no EndLevel statement.

Youd example is a mixed case, but I think EndLevel should be applied for
each DATA.

--
Best regards,
Andrzej