logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] "shop=no"

From Gerd Petermann GPetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Fri Aug 18 08:53:31 BST 2017

Hi Bernhard,

I've changed the default style in r3993, shortly after I learned about shop=vacant
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag%3Ashop%3Dvacant

Not sure if the default style should ignore this as well?

Von: mkgmap-dev <mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk> im Auftrag von Bernhard Hiller <bhil at gmx.de>
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 16. August 2017 19:19:01
An: mkgmap-dev at lists.mkgmap.org.uk
Betreff: [mkgmap-dev] "shop=no"

In the forum, there is a discussion on the enormous variety of values
for some tags, see
https://forum.openstreetmap.org/viewtopic.php?id=55541 (in Dutch).
There is also a link to a list showing the different values for the
"shop" tag:
http://mijndev.openstreetmap.nl/~marczoutendijk/taginfo-shop.html

You can see there that the combination "shop=no" exists 2372 times,
"shop=none" 4 times.

With our current default style, they'd be summed up by the line
      shop=* [0x2e0c resolution 24]
which just would make them into a shop.

I guess we should better ignore the shop=no/none combination (note: a
value containing "no" may still be correct), and provide a PoI based on
the other tags for that node.
What do you think?

Regards,
Bernhard