logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Country unification in address search

From Felix Hartmann extremecarver at gmail.com on Thu Nov 12 20:43:01 GMT 2015

okay - I just tried out lambertus generic map (
http://garmin.openstreetmap.nl/ ) - AFAIK it's fully default style - but
for that map it seems to work more or less. More or less because it only
finds AUT and Austria (AUT). Under AUT every address is found twice - under
Austria (AUT) every address is found once only. I don't know.
So maybe this is due to the bounds file? I'm not sure what Lambertus is
using for bounds.

I would guess this can be fixed either in the bounds file creation - or in
the map creation itself.

I will try to find some more myself. But for my understanding such
countries should not even be selectable. The fact that such bogus countries
are selectable - must mean that some objects are found for them - doesn't
it?
I will check up for Canada - as that's where I got twice an error report by
a user.

At least for single country maps - maybe there could be an option to
hardcode the country via command line options?

On 12 November 2015 at 21:25, Thorsten Kukuk <kukuk at suse.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Thu, Nov 12, Felix Hartmann wrote:
>
> > Well I use the bounds file - updated every month or so from here:
> > http://osm.thkukuk.de/data/bounds-latest.zip
>
> It's updated every week, if it passes the sanity checks.
> So if too many boundaries are broken, it's not updated.
>
> On my device I have the choice between "Oesterreich" and "AUT".
> Below "AUT" I can only find very few streets. I haven't found
> out yet why this is the case, the data looks ok.
>
> There is one example, look at the OSM data for
> Schlosscafe, Glorietteallee 1, Eisenstadt.
>
> It's using "AT" as country, but can be found below AUT, so
> this mapping works. But "Eisenstadt" cannot be found below
> "Oesterreich".
>
> Interesting is, that "Eisenstadt" is adminlevel 6, not the
> expected 8. Either the mapping of the admin level is wrong
> or some boundaries are missing, but in any cases, the fallback
> in inc/address should match?
>
> Maybe this example helps some people here to find out what's going
> wrong.
>
>   Thorsten
>
> --
> Thorsten Kukuk, Senior Architect SLES & Common Code Base
> SUSE LINUX GmbH, Maxfeldstr. 5, 90409 Nuernberg, Germany
> GF: Felix Imendörffer, Jane Smithard, Graham Norton, HRB 21284 (AG
> Nürnberg)

Floragasse 9/11
1040 Wien
Austria - Österreich