logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] FW: mkgmap in NYC

From GerdP gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Tue Nov 4 10:00:38 GMT 2014

Hi Brian,

Ben Konrath wrote
> On Sat, Nov 1, 2014 at 6:03 PM, Brian Egge <

> brianegge@

> > wrote:
>
>> Hi Ben,
>>
>> The latest maps you've created are working well - I can find addresses in
>> NYC.
>>
>> The address search isn't quite as fluid as the Garmin maps, but perhaps
>> this is related to how the map file is created. For "311 W 51st St", I
>> must
>> enter in "W 51" in order to find the street. With a Garmin map, I can
>> input
>> '50', and it will show me a list of streets and avenues.
>>

> Interesting. I don't know the details of the implementation of the address
> search in mkgmap so I don't know what the Garmin maps are more flexible.
> Does anybody have any ideas?

I've tested with MapSource and the map created with r3337
and the default style.
I search for a street and type just "51".
It shows a list starting with
"51st Avenue"
"51st Avenue (Ny 25a)"
"51st Drive"
"51st Road"
"51st Street"
"52nd Avenue"
It doesn't contain "West 51st Street".

When I enter "West 51" it shows a list starting
"West 51st Street"
"West 52nd Street"

Are you sure that you find the right street ?