logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Doubt about administrative boundaries

From Ervin Malicdem schadow1 at gmail.com on Wed Sep 3 13:52:05 BST 2014

You need to extract boundary relations data before telling mkgmap to
process it.

Use osmconvert and osmfilter to do that. Then use mkgmap's built in
boundary processor to process it. Lastly use the bounds argument when
compiling.

osmconvert xxx.osm.pbf --out-o5m >xxx.o5m
osmfilter xxx.o5m --keep-nodes= --keep-ways-relations="boundary=administrative
=postal_code postal_code=" --out-o5m > xxx-boundaries.o5m
java -cp mkgmap.jar
uk.me.parabola.mkgmap.reader.osm.boundary.BoundaryPreprocessor
xxx-boundaries.o5m boundary

then

add argument bounds=<boundary folder location>

example on https://github.com/schadow1/osmphgps

Ervin M.
*Schadow1 Expeditions* - A Filipino must not be a stranger to his own
motherland.
http://www.s1expeditions.com