logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] error handling in splitter

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Fri May 16 07:00:14 BST 2014

Hi Steve,

> >  > Splitter and mkgmap are using different libs of fastutil, osmpbf and
> >  > protobuf. Maybe it would be a good thing to let them use the same libs.
> > I was not aware of that. The fastutil lib is quite out-aged now.
> > The protobuf lib is newer in mkgmap, osmpbf libs have different names
> > but equal content.
> > @Steve: I don't know the reason for that. Is it intended?
>
> There is no particular reason. At one time we updated the mkgmap
> fastutil.jar so that the same one would work on both mkgmap and
> splitter.
>
> The names are different mostly because splitter hasn't been converted to
> use ivy.

I think we should update fastutil to 6.5.15 and use the latest pbf libs
for both programs.
Reg. fastutil:
I'd like to have a few more classes in it, so I've attached a small program
that uses all classes which seem to be useful in splitter or mkgmap.

I don't know much about ivy. Is it a lot of work to change splitter to use it?