logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] problem with address search and --code-page

From Steve Ratcliffe steve at parabola.me.uk on Wed Apr 2 16:50:15 BST 2014

Hi Michał

I believe that I have now found the problem thanks to your example.
If I'm right, then the problem occurs when there are some cities that
do not have a country assigned and also that the total number of
cities is greater than 64k and the number of cities with a country is
less than that.

So it is mostly just unlucky based on the amount of data.  With a
perfect bounds file, then every city should have a country and the
problem would not happen I think, so there was probably some
significance about the tiles being at the edge in a different country.

If not using a bounds file, then the problem is much more likely to
happen and may explain why I often see problems with maps without
bounds files.

The fix is on the sort2 branch at r3163 or greater:
http://www.mkgmap.org.uk/download/mkgmap-sort2-r3163.zip

..Steve