logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] mkgmap SVN r3087 does not create valid gmapsupp.img files for Garmin etrex

From Axel Herold herold at snafu.de on Fri Mar 7 21:27:30 GMT 2014

Andreas Tille schrieb (06/03/14 -- 22:47):

> [...] Today I fetched the
> latest SVN release r3087 but the resulting gmapsupp.img does not load on
> both Garmin devices of mine.  To make sure it is not the build process I
> also fetched your prebuilded JAR file ... with the same failure.

Dear all,

for the record: I use the precompiled r3087 binary to sucessfully
compile basemaps for etrex10 devices. Due to the severely limited memory
of those devices I skip many features (e.g. routing, address index) of
course.

Andreas, I'd suggest to try and see whether you can boil down
the problem to one of the map features mkgmap provides. I can send you
my config and a gmapsupp.img created by r3087 that works on the etrex 10
if you think this could be of help.

Best regards,
Axel.