logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Is it possible with --add-poi-to-lines option and style rules to create pois only for ways with a min/max/equal length?

From Henning Scholland osm at aighes.de on Sun Oct 27 13:04:33 GMT 2013

Hi WanMil,
I think it's hard to draw route-icons with line2poi, because the
segments have very different length. There are segments with only a few
meters and also segments with lots of km. For a satisfying rendering you
will need something like route-to-poi, which builds first the complete
route and then adds points in a given distance, eg. 100m or so.

line2poi is more or less only useful for things like adding an icon for
a ford or a entrance of a tunnel.

But I think this isn't that easy to implement and there are actual other
things to do.

Henning