logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] mergeroads branch

From GerdP gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Thu Oct 3 17:42:34 BST 2013

Hi WanMil,

WanMil wrote
> The "type" tag is required for relations but not for ways and nodes. The
> code makes it possible to remove if from the builtin-tags-list. In case
> you want to inline the type tag I propose to change it to
>
> if (elem instanceof Relation && "type".equals(key))
>    key = "type";
> else
>    key = keepTag(key, val);

ok, I understand. I did not try it, but I think this will help GC,
at least for the bin readers that store references to string
tables.

WanMil wrote
> By the way:
> keepTag inlines the key by retrieving the key from the usedTags set. Is
> that faster than key.inline()? At least it prevents "real" inlining over
> multiple threads?

In the past we did both, first inline() and then a call to keepTag.
That was slower and required more mem. The inlining seems to be
very complex, maybe because it has to handle many more strings?