logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Free map data of major Rivers, Mountains, Lakes - not from OSM - suitable for overviewmap/worldmap creation

From Felix Hartmann extremecarver at gmail.com on Fri May 10 21:03:26 BST 2013

Ah yes, thanks. That's the one I once found.

So how can we use ESRI shapefiles with mkgmap?
osmfilter/osmconvert? They do osm to Esri, but also the other way round?

Due to terms of use, it's not possible to use CGPSmapper (besides I
don#t know my way around with cgpsmapper anymore).
A nice worldwide overviewmap, would really help in making the experience
of using mgkmap created detailed maps, much more streamlined/better.

Or is there already a free worldmap for Garmin around?