logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Patch v3 for overview map

From Felix Hartmann extremecarver at gmail.com on Sun Mar 31 11:51:37 BST 2013

On 31.03.2013 11:15, GerdP wrote:
> Hi List,
>
> while trying to implement a decoder for data with extended types I found
> two bugs in the version 2 of the patch:
> 1) the img format allows (normal) types 0x01 - 0x3f for lines and 0x01-0x7f
> for polygons,
> the original code made no destinction
Better restrict the original code in mkgmap to 0x01 - 0x3f for lines
too. Or are there any compatibility advantages on old Garmin GPS units?
AFAIK (and I'm pretty sure) Garmin themselves never used 0x4 - 0x7 for
lines, but they did so for polygons (hence no compatibility problems in
this range for polygons).
Actually even 0x3 for lines has never been used by Garmin AFAIK and will
not show up on all devices. (0x2a - 0x2f I'm not sure, but wouldn't use
them either and resort to extended types - but I wouldn't exclude them
by mkgmap). I think since mkgmap supports extended types (roughly 3
years if I remember correctly) - 0x3 and up for lines is not a good way
of creating a map which is supposed to work on all Garmin GPS devices....
> 2) the first point of a line or shape was dropped, this caused esp. many
> lines to be missing
> in the overview map.
>
> overview_v3.patch
> <http://gis.19327.n5.nabble.com/file/n5755292/overview_v3.patch>
>
> The compiled binary is here:
> http://files.mkgmap.org.uk/download/97/mkgmap.jar
>
> Gerd
>

> --

keep on biking and discovering new trails

Felix
openmtbmap.org & www.velomap.org