logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] fuelling the brand

From Marko Mäkelä marko.makela at iki.fi on Mon Jan 7 09:09:11 GMT 2013

On Sat, Jan 05, 2013 at 11:48:38PM +0200, Marko Mäkelä wrote:
>The attached patch introduces a new include file 'inc/name' for
>naming all kinds of objects. Tourism=information are no longer named
>after ${description}. I could be convinced to put it back. The map of
>Finland became slightly smaller with this patch. One of my nearby
>fuel stations was already using ${brand} in addition to the no-name
>${operator} that I had added years ago. The patched naming logic
>seemed to work there.
>
>I will wait for feedback for a couple of days, before committing this.

It does not look like this branding of fuel would ignite any flame war,
so I will commit the patch tonight.

Note that the patch would display both brand and operator when they are
present. Knowing the operator could be useful for some services (such as
amenity=recycling or bus stops or bus routes). Maybe less so for
supermarket or restaurant or fuel station chains. But, the patch would
use a consistent naming for all POIs.

	Marko