logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Norway not buildable with the no-trim option

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Thu Jan 3 16:06:09 GMT 2013

Hi Klaus,

I think I fixed the problem for your configuration, but as you already saw it revealed new issues.
The current status is this:
- splitter can calculate tiles based also on the number of nodes in the precomp-sea tiles. For your case, that results in a few more tiles for norway
some of them are only filled with data from the generate-sea option. These tiles may cause crashes on some devices (I did never try that)

- the multipolygon handling in mkgmap has two major problems:
1) it is removing a lot of the small polygons created by the generate-sea method, this leads to the white stripes that you see in low resolution
2) it is saving large polygons with far too many details for low resolution, this leads to the message
"There is not enough room in a single garmin map for all the input data..."

I have a work around for the 2nd issue, but the first one requires a major redesign of the program.

Gerd