logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] There is not enough room in a single garmin map for all the input data

From GerdP gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Sun Dec 30 12:27:02 GMT 2012

WanMil wrote
> How do you avoid that land area is filled with the sea/background color?
> What you describe is the --generate-sea=polygon variant which can be
> used in combination with --precomp-sea. But this has the disadvantage
> that you have a background sea polygon covering the whole tile and land
> polygons on top of it. So if you click on land you always have sea under
> the land...

Oh, I forgot to mention that Klaus style does also assign something for
natural = land

If the style is not the right place to handle the problem, I think I must
find
an estimate for the number of bytes that are needed to save a polygon so
that
splitter can weight a node in the precompiled sea files.
In simple words: Probably splitter should count these nodes with a factor of
2 or 3.