logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Mkgmap/help/Tags rework?

From WanMil wmgcnfg at web.de on Fri Dec 21 17:20:42 GMT 2012

> I'll have a look on it and try to find and add more mkgmap special tags.

I've started looking through the source code for mkgmap special tags.
Here is a first list.

There are some additional tags for the marine styles:

mkgmap:xt-depth
mkgmap:xt-height
mkgmap:xt-style
mkgmap:xt-colour
mkgmap:xt-type
mkgmap:xt-light
mkgmap:xt-period
mkgmap:xt-racon
mkgmap:xt-height-above-foundation
mkgmap:xt-height-above-datum
mkgmap:xt-leading-angle
mkgmap:xt-note
mkgmap:xt-int-desig
mkgmap:xt-local-desig
mkgmap:xt-facilities
Fortunately they seem to be quite well documented:
http://www.mkgmap.org.uk/websvn/filedetails.php?repname=mkgmap&path=%2Ftrunk%2Fsrc%2Fuk%2Fme%2Fparabola%2Fimgfmt%2Fapp%2Ftrergn%2FExtTypeAttributes.java

When using --generate-sea=close-gaps=N the way that is created by mkgmap
to close gaps in the coastline is tagged with
   natural=mkgmap:coastline-gap

mkgmap:mp_created
   values: true (false is not set)
   The multipolygon algorithm tags all polygons created by the mp
   algorithm with this tag. This is used internally by the
   add-pois-to-areas function but could also be used in the style file.
   Anyhow I don't know why...

mkgmap:osmid
   values: the OSM id of the node
   All exit nodes (highway=motorway_junction and highway=services are
   tagged with this tag. This is used internally by mkgmap but could
   also be used in the style file.

mkgmap:way-has-pois
   values: true (false is not set)
   All highway=* ways are tagged with true when one of its nodes has
   tags. This is used by the StyledConverter to use tags from these
   nodes to set/modify road speed etc. Can be used in the style  file
   but I don't know why...

mkgmap:dead-end-check
   values: true/false
   This flag defines if a oneway road should be checked for a dead end.
   These dead ends are reported by mkgmap (only if --report-dead-ends
   is set?). The style may set this flag to avoid this check on some
   roads (e.g. highway=construction).

mkgmap:frig_roundabout
   This tag is set by mkgmap on all roundabouts if the undocumented
   option --frig-roundabouts=<double> is set. It has something to
   do with routing instructions on roundabouts. But I don't
   understand that after a short look on it.
   The option frig-roundabouts is not documented. Can it be removed?

mkgmap:synthesised
   values: true (false is not set)
   This is set on cycle ways created by mkgmap to realize a cycle way
   lane on a street. The tag is used to ignore these ways on some
   checks (dead-end, roundabout flares etc.)

Some tags are mkgmap internal, so they are set by mkgmap, are used
internally by mkgmap and should not or cannot be used in the style:

mkgmap:stylefilter
   values: polyline, polygon
   Determines that the element is processed by the line or polygon
   style only

mkgmap:tagsincomplete
   values: true (false is not set)
   Determines that some of the multipolygons tags are not loaded
   from the OSM file because the style doesn't use them. This is
   used internally by the MP algorithm to decide if the tags should be
   taken from the MP or from its outer ways.

mkgmap:removetags
   values: a ; separated list of tag names (mkgmap:ALL=all tags)
   The given tags must be removed before the style is applied.
   This is used by the mulitpolygon algorithm to remove duplicate
   taggings on ways and the relation.

This list is not complete. I will continue later...

WanMil