logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Mkgmap/help/Tags rework?

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Fri Dec 21 10:35:57 GMT 2012

> Am 21.12.2012 09:39, schrieb GerdP:
> > Henning Scholland wrote
> >> I think the page is explaining the hardcoded tags. So I need only them.
> >> But I try to get them out of your list.
> > Wait a bit, I found out that the list also depends on the options,
> > for example mkgmap:line2poi is missing.
> >
> > A year ago I created a list of all hard coded tags, I try to find it ..
> mkgmap:line2poi, :area2poi and line2poitype I got from my style-file.
>

> Some questions:
>
> I have something like:
> mkgmap:postal_code!=* & mkgmap:postcode=* { set
> mkgmap:postal_code='${mkgmap:postcode}' }
> in my style. What is the difference between postal_code and postcode?

The location hook sets mkgmap:postcode (if --bounds is used).
The StyledConverter looks for a tag mkgmap:postal_code
So, if I got that right, the style should evaluate mkgmap:postcode and than set mkgmap:postal_code.

> Are mkgmap:ref, :gtype, :boundary_name, :phone only used by default
> style or are them hard coded?

It's hard to say. Even if you find the string mkgmap:xxx in the java sources, it is not sure that
this part of  the program will ever be executed.

> Are other tags without mkgmap: hard coded. oneway, toll, access and
> maxspeed are hard coded afaik. Are there more?
yes, a lot of normal tags are used when eg. a cycle way is created. I think most of the
tags listed in hardcoded.tags.txt will be used somewhere. For more details,
one has to search the java sources for the string constant and try to understand what's
happening.