logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] splitter r254

From GerdP gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Thu Dec 13 14:58:17 GMT 2012

Felix Hartmann-2 wrote
> I  used max-nodes=2 300 000
> so it ends up with 143 tiles.
>
> 255 didn't give significant improvements (maybe 20 seconds).

I don't understand what you mean here, 255 is the default. If you have 143
real tiles, the limit of 255 is probable not reached, means, all phases are
done
with one read pass.
A higher max-areas value is only needed if more than 255 tiles are
processed.
I found out that the problem-generator-phase doesn't report how many
areas it processes in one pass, so you have to calculate on your own:
if the number of areas (including the pseudo-areas) is e.g. 1000 and you run
with max-areas=255, splitter will use 4 read passes, each processing 250
areas.

Gerd

Felix Hartmann-2 wrote