logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] multiple code-pages in a map

From Henning Scholland osm at aighes.de on Tue Nov 13 16:21:05 GMT 2012

Hi,
I have a problem with a map containing different code-pages. A
problematic region for me is Middle Asia. There are parts with Chinese
names, Cyrillic names, Arabian names, Turkish namesand Hebraic names.

I create the map with code-page=1251 (means Cyrillic)and it works for
the Cyrillic partquite good. But in all other parts mainly ? are displayed.
Do you have any solution beside only use english names? This isn't quite
useful, because in the region you wont find English names. Maybe it
would be possible to transliterate all names, which couldn't be
displayed in the used code-page? Or cuttiles at country-boarders like
Garmin did it?

Henning