logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Downloading pbf files

From michael lohr micha.lohr at web.de on Tue Feb 21 12:58:16 GMT 2012

response headers on geofabrik's pbf files deliver text/plain as
mime-type, which is wrong in my opinion. so ff tries to display it as
text. workaround for me (no guarantees): find mimeTypes.rdf in your
ff-profile, MAKE A BACKUP, and then add:

<RDF:Description RDF:about="urn:mimetype:application/octet-stream"
                    NC:fileExtensions="pbf"
                    NC:description="PBF-File"
                    NC:value="application/octet-stream"
                    NC:editable="false">
<NC:handlerProp
RDF:resource="urn:mimetype:handler:application/octet-stream"/>
</RDF:Description>

this overrides the header's mine type.