logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] edge 705 stuck with cities index

From Steve Ratcliffe steve at parabola.me.uk on Mon Feb 20 14:18:21 GMT 2012

Hi

> Firstly, the blank city lines are caused by --add-pois-to-areas. They
> do appear only when this option is set, so there may be a bug there.
> However, the freeze of the GPS device only occurs when --index is also
> used. Without --index, the blank lines are there but there is no slow
> down when scrolling in the cities list.

> This happens with the Oxfordshire Geofabrik map, tested in South Oxford.

I tried making a map with --add-pois-to-area from that map and didn't
see any blank lines in either mapsource or on my Legend. So could be
specific to the Edge or some other option you are using.  Could you
upload your map to http://files.mkgmap.org.uk (or anywhere), so I can
examine it and see if there are any differences to mine?

> Please let me know if and how I can be of more help.

Best wishes

..Steve