logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Question about Resolutions in Default Style.

From Garvan & maew garvan.maew at online.com.kh on Sat Aug 27 11:41:25 BST 2011

On 27/08/11 05:54, Bill Lancashire wrote:
> I would like to understand a few statements in the default mkgmap style:
>
> The default 'option' file defines resolutions as:
> levels = 0:24, 1:22, 2:20, 3:18, 4:16.
>
> Yet in 'polygons' file the following line exists:
> natural=sea [0x32 resolution 10]
>
> and in 'lines' file the following line exists;
> natural=coastline [0x15 resolution 12]
>
> Do these lines have the same effect in this style as the following:
> natural=sea [0x32 resolution 16]
> natural=coastline [0x15 resolution 16]
> or is there a subtle difference?.
>

> Also, in the 'lines' file the following statement exists:
> highway=*&  area!=yes [0x07 ]
>
> Is the effect of a match to draw [0x07] at ALL resolutions?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Bill.

natural=coastline [0x15 resolution 12]

will display coastlines at resolutions 12 or greater. With the default
levels, this will display at resolution 16 as you note. However you
users can specify different level than the default, and still use the
same style files, so there is a difference.

Garvan