logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Road name depending on the zoom level

From Qingzong TSENG yvon.grimper at gmail.com on Wed Aug 24 22:21:02 BST 2011

Hello all,

I am a newbie to mkgmap. I am trying to modify some existing style
files to have a better rendering result on my Nuvi 765.
What I want to have is to display the small village name at lower zoom
level. Therefore, I tried to modify the argument:
place=village [0x0b00 resolution 16]
However, no matter how I changed the resolution value, there was
always some village not displaying at some specific zoom levels.
Then I realized it could be probably masked/obscured by some very long
road name.
I am wondering is there a way to make it show only the road ref. ( ex.
D119)  at lower zoom level and the road name (ex. Avenue Aristide
Briand) at higher zoom ?
It is logic that at lower zoom level , we are usually looking for trip
itinerary and we need the road ref number for highway, motorway. While
at higher zoom level
we are looking for address and we need the road/street name.

Cheers,

Zong