logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Splitter PBF support patch

From Marko Mäkelä marko.makela at iki.fi on Fri May 27 18:31:12 BST 2011

On Fri, May 27, 2011 at 06:36:32PM +0300, Marko Mäkelä wrote:
>If there are bugs in the PBF input, they could be in the parsing of
>polygons. I guess I could find this out easily: create a style that
>translates only natural=water polygons, and feed finland.osm.pbf to it.
>If it complains about areas that the default style does not complain
>about, then the PBF parser is to blame.

The result is somewhat inconclusive. I copied the default style,
discarded all points, lines and relations rules, and kept only the
natural=* polygons rules. The map generation was finally interrupted by
this:

uk.me.parabola.imgfmt.MapFailedException: There is not enough room in a
single garmin map for all the input data

Not much error log was produced. All messages about unclosed polygons
seemed legitimate. There were 104 such messages. 101 of them were on my
blacklist (polygons severed by Geofabrik's cutting polygon).

It seems to me that the mkgmap PBF parser works flawlessly.

	Marko