logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] junction=roundabout

From Marko Mäkelä marko.makela at iki.fi on Sat Apr 23 06:33:42 BST 2011

On Fri, Apr 22, 2011 at 01:32:11PM +0200, Minko wrote:
>I noticed all the roundabouts are now turned into oneways. Is this a
>change that is hardcoded recently in mkgmap?

I believe that this has been the case for some two years or longer.

>How to get rid of this, because there are bike path roundabouts which
>are twoway-bikelanes.

I found two references to junction=roundabout in the source code:

src/uk/me/parabola/mkgmap/reader/osm/HighwayHooks.java
src/uk/me/parabola/mkgmap/osmstyle/StyledConverter.java

In HighwayHooks, you might want to remove this code:

			// if the way is a roundabout but isn't already
			// flagged as "oneway", flag it here
			if ("roundabout".equals(way.getTag("junction"))) {
				if (way.getTag("oneway") == null) {
					way.addTag("oneway", "yes");
				}

Another method would be to add oneway=no to the junction=roundabout
ways.

Best regards,

	Marko