logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] 0x10 for residential in default style

From Marko Mäkelä marko.makela at iki.fi on Mon Feb 7 21:41:01 GMT 2011

On Mon, Feb 07, 2011 at 10:29:12PM +0100, Jeroen Muris wrote:
>If the polygons styling needs work I'm willing to help. Just let me
>know what I can do.

Basically, suggest some changes, preferrably by sending patches.

>Switching from landuse=residential to building=* may be a nice solution
>(I did not know it is possible), but I'm not sure what the results are
>when one of those is missing in OSM.

landuse=residential [0x10 resolution 23-18]
building=* | man_made=* | amenity=* | tourism=* [0x13 resolution 24]

When there is no building=*, you would see nothing at resolution 24.
When there is no landuse=residential, you would see nothing at
resolutions 18 to 23. The 18 could be too high, BTW. I would like the
map to render fast at wide zooms and be small in size.

>I'm afraid my TYP file is for newer models too, I made it for my own
>Oregon.

Do you know this problem? Does your TYP file have extra "border" lines
around lines (other than motorways)?

http://cferrero.net/maps/img/spag4.bmp
http://cferrero.net/maps/img/nospag.bmp

	Marko