logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] New splitter build for pbf format

From Scott Crosby scott at sacrosby.com on Thu Jan 27 22:40:43 GMT 2011

On Thu, Jan 27, 2011 at 7:31 AM, Chris66 <chris66nrw at gmx.de> wrote:
> Am 27.01.2011 03:55, schrieb Scott Crosby:
>
>> The problem is entirely with the pbf reader --- a 32-bit cleanness bug
>> that was only exposed on Windows made the reader erroneously sense
>> end-of-file.
>
> Hi Scott,
> is this a known java Bug?

Don't know. You could argue that there's a 64-bit cleanliness issue in
the API.  InputStream.available() returns 32-bit integer. I was
formerly calling that function to detect EOF, but its not needed if I
instead catch EOFException.

> If not, has it been reported to oracle ?

I've not reported it.

Scott