logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Improved street search in index branch

From Johann Gail johann.gail at gmx.de on Wed Jan 19 20:30:37 GMT 2011

WanMil schrieb:
>> Has anyone dared to look into the cpreview code?
>>

> So we do at the moment.
>

>> http://cgpsmapper.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/cgpsmapper/cgpsmapper/cpreview/mdr_creator.cpp?revision=4&view=markup
>>
>> There seems the structure of the bits be very well decoded.
>>

> More or less. Please feel free to start your own investigations and
> compare the mkgmap results to the format of the cpreview tool. Any hint
> or discussion what might be changed in the mkgmap processing is helpful!!

I have tried to compile the source with linux, but had no success so
far. Looks like it needs the intel compiler and some source
dependencies, e.g. sqlite3 source. I have not tried hard, so maybe would
need more time to become succesfull.
Does anyone know which input files the cpreview tool will need? Does it
import the prepared *.img files like mkgmap or does it need some other
database or text files? If I would be able to generate a working index
with it, I could play with it and see, which sections are really needed
on the device.

Regards,
Johann