logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Improved street search in index branch

From WanMil wmgcnfg at web.de on Tue Jan 11 22:13:56 GMT 2011

Hi Steve,

you are doing a great job!

I tested the latest index branch, compiled a map of germany with the
default style and tried some searches in MapSource.

* Searching for streets works fine for me.
* Searching for streets and cities does not work (error message from
MapSource)
* Searching for crossroads works most of the time. But I made an
interesting observation:
If you search for a crossroads of two residentials and one of the
residentials also exists as track (with the same name), the crossroads
is not found. Example: Lesumstrasse and Valmeweg
(http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=51.47523&lon=7.560158&zoom=18&layers=M).
I have also tried other examples. Sometimes it works and sometimes not.
Maybe the problem is that the street is cut in more than one part.

WanMil