logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] build instructions and protobuf

From Greg Troxel gdt at ir.bbn.com on Mon Oct 18 23:40:17 BST 2010

I'm glad to see pbf support in mkgmap, but doing an svn checkout and
'ant dist' fails, or at least prints an error.  The README does not
explain where to find the apparently missing jar files, or how to check
them out and build them.

Ideally, it would look in the system standard paths, so that one could
install the jar with a 3rd-party package manager, and also look in
../protobuf/dist/protobuf.jar so that a parallel build of the other
packages would get picked up.

I can write a patch for README if someone sends a few hints, or I may
get to searching.

(sorry if I missed a mailinglist post, but this belongs in the sources.
also I didn't find anhything on the buidling page of the wiki)