logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Strange strings in addresses (r1654)

From Daniela Duerbeck daniela.duerbeck at gmx.de on Fri Jul 16 00:00:32 BST 2010

Steve Ratcliffe wrote:
> Hi
>

>> The info for the Restaurant "Mitani" is:
>>
>> Mitani
>> Rablstrasse 45
>> 81669 G 18 85560 Ebersberg
>>
>> So there seem to be some problems with strings.
>>

> I downloaded the area.  I see:
>
>   Mitani
>   Rablstrasse 45
>   81669
>
> which is all fine.  I've no idea where the rest of it comes from, were
> you using some option that attempts to fill in town/state information?

No, there should be the city added: München.
81669 München would be correct. But to add the city was a former normal
behaviour of mkgmap.

I use:

java -Xmx400m -enableassertions -jar mkgmap.jar   \
--generate-sea=polygons                                        \
--route                                                        \
--tdbfile                                                      \
--latin1                                                       \
--code-page=1252                                               \
--description="OpenStreetMap-Oberbayern"                         \
--gmapsupp --country-name=Germany                              \
--country-abbr=DE                                              \
--family-name="Open Street Map"                                \
--family-id=18                                                 \
--product-id=1                                                 \
--series-name="OSM-Oberbayern"                                   \
--road-name-pois=0x640a                                        \
--add-pois-to-areas                                            \
--ignore-maxspeeds                                             \
--remove-short-arcs                                            \
--adjust-turn-headings                                         \
--report-similar-arcs                                          \
--link-pois-to-ways                                            \
--location-autofill=1                                          \
--drive-on-right                                               \
--check-roundabouts                                            \
--check-roundabout-flares                                      \
--style-file=../styles_dani                                    \
../tiles_obb/*.osm.gz dani_18.typ

Dani