logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Question to address search

From WanMil wmgcnfg at web.de on Thu Mar 18 19:47:52 GMT 2010

> Anyone else with knowledge of the file format is encouraged to join in!
>
> Steve

Hi Steve,

I have just started to have a look on the internals of the garmin
fileformat. The wiki
(http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/OSM_Map_On_Garmin/Format) tells me
that there are the formats
TRE
NOD
MDR
SRT
GMP
DEM

The documentation of the garmin-img sourceforge project also mentions
the formats not yet documented in the wiki:
LBL
RGN
NET

I think LBL is the file in which the labels are stored in a non
searchable format. And MDR contains the same information like LBL but it
is searchable. Am I right?

It would be good if you can put your current knowledge to the wiki.
Hopefully this will help to make progress to this long outstanding and
highly demanded feature.

WanMil