logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] mkgmap gets stuck on Kosovo - is related to "-c template.args"

From Felix Hartmann extremecarver at googlemail.com on Sun Mar 14 23:04:41 GMT 2010

On 14.03.2010 23:49, Mark Burton wrote:
> Felix,
>
> The problem is triggered by the fact that in your style file you give
> anonymous roads of the same type, the same name i.e. 'rd', 'trk',
> 'ucl', etc. So the map ends up containing lot's of roads with the same
> names. The kosovo map contains a huge number of anonymous roads.
>
> The code that is getting stuck is trying to find all of the roads that
> have the same name and are associated with the same city and are
> connected to each other.
>
> Perhaps, and this is a guess, the autofill=2 option increases the
> number of roads that have the same city such that it becomes
> computationally, very expensive to work out which roads are connected
> to each other. It may well finish if you wait long enough!

Well is 12 hours too short?????
I think I had even left mkgmap working for well over 24 hours on Kosovo
once (using autofill=1 it runs through in about 20 seconds).
It seems strange to me that most countries still do work, and Slovakia
from geofabrik worked 1 week ago, but not currently. On the other hand a
country that blocked last weak, compiled with current data.

I do suppose there is some bigger bug, but can live with autofill=1....