logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Duo Tagged polygon.

From Felix Hartmann extremecarver at googlemail.com on Fri Jan 29 14:50:48 GMT 2010

On 29.01.2010 15:44, Dave F. wrote:
> Hi
>
> My last question got missed (Polygon with barrier problem) but I would
> like to know the answer so I'm posting it again.
>
> As discussed (polygon) landuse=farmyard&  barrier=wall wont render
> landuse if (line) barrier=wall is present.
>
> Is there any development in progress to solve this problem?
>
> "mkgmap processes the style files in a strict order..."
>
> As I said, I'm a newbie so I may not understand fully, but wouldn't it
> be better if, when mkgmap reads the OSM file&  it finds a
> polygon (first point=last point) then it should look directly in the
> polygon file?
> To me it seems a illogical to have an order.

No because streets have higher priority, as routing is to most people
more important.

You could add [continue ...] to barrier=wall, and then there would be a
polygon too I think. The style-file reading is certainly a point where
much could be done better - but probably also take a lot more resources.