logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Split barrier=* and traffic_calming=* to a separate layer?

From Thilo Hannemann thannema at gmx.de on Wed Jan 13 22:31:31 GMT 2010

I'd also think that the multi-layered approach would add a whole new level of complexity to mkgmap. And it is a feature that no official Garmin map has ever used AFAIK. You even get different results depending on your MapSource *version*. So I don't think it is a something that should be built into mkgmap.

But on the other hand some "contrib" section would be great. I'd happily donate my scripts for that (they are already available via launchpad.net/radkarte). Some repository for TYP files would also be great.

Regarding the script language I'd recommend ant buildfiles. They are portable and everybody who builds mkgmap from source has ant installed anyway.

Regards,
Thilo