logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] variable substitution in relation members

From Marko Mäkelä marko.makela at iki.fi on Tue Dec 22 09:29:13 GMT 2009

Clinton,

On Tue, Dec 22, 2009 at 01:23:48AM +0100, Clinton Gladstone wrote:
> Here is an example from my style file:
>
> place=* {name '${name} (${name:en|not-equal:name})' | '${name} (${int_name|not-equal:name})' | '${name} (${name:zh_py|not-equal:name})'  | '${name}' }
>
> This will place one of the following values in parenthesis after the name,
> as long as the value is not identical to the name:
>
> - The English name
> - The international name
> - The Pinyin romanization of the name (useful for place names in China)

OK, this is very useful.  I would propose two things:

1. commit the not-equal filter to mkgmap
2. implement include files, possibly also a mkgmap --include option
so that you could include the "Chinese sub-style" from the command line
when needed, for any style whose definitions do not conflict with those
in the sub-style.

> As you can see, the intent is to add multilingual values to the map.
> As in the case of the international name, the name chosen is not
> necessarily specific to a certain language.
>
> So what do you think of this? ;-)

Your example shows that the name rules could be best defined in a
style file.

Can you submit a patch for implementing include files in the style parser?
And can you please resubmit the not-equal filter?

	Marko