logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] IndexOutOfBoundsException while creating MDR

From Steve Ratcliffe steve at parabola.me.uk on Mon Nov 2 00:06:37 GMT 2009

On 01/11/09 22:30, Clinton Gladstone wrote:
> I attempted to create a map of the Geofabrik extract of Europe using
> the --index option. (I know this may be somewhat premature, since the
> MDR code is still in progress.)
>
> - This map consists of 274 tiles.
>
> When I tried this, mkgmap halted with an IndexOutOfBoundsException.
>
> - The exception occurred at line 356 of LBLFileReader.java in method
> readPoiInfo(). This is the code that caused the exception:

Were you using --road-name-pois ?  This option can produce invalid files
that cause this error on being read.  There maybe other ways of ending
up with an invalid file too.

> Although the map then compiled, it still crashed Mapsource. Oh well.
> Any idea what is going on here? Is it too ambitious to try to create
> such a large map with>  256 tiles at this point?

It should work with more than 256 tiles, but I've not yet tried.  There
could be some other item going over a critical limit.

..Steve