logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] roadtrip no longer happy

From Clinton Gladstone clinton.gladstone at googlemail.com on Sun Nov 1 19:58:09 GMT 2009

On Nov 1, 2009, at 2:09, Greg Troxel wrote:

> I updated mkgmap to r1337, and found that my overview img/tdb changed
> names.  I adjusted gmapibuilder invocation to reference those, and
> that
> succeeded.  But on loading into roadtrip I get a "The map you selected
> contains some errors and cannot be displayed.  The default map is
> being
> shown instead." popup.

I checked out your script, and found that the problem probably is
caused by gmapi-builder.

- File OSM_gdt_series.gmapi was missing the overview map (osmmap.img).

- I used the same map files and converted them using Garmin's
Mapconvert program. This time, osmmap.img was properly converted into
the gmapi package.

I haven't bothered to look, but it could be that gmapi-builder expects
only numeric values for the name of the overview map. At any rate, I
have not encountered such problems, perhaps because I always set the --
overview-mapname option to a numeric value.

- You might try setting --overview-mapname=63240000 and see if this
makes any difference.

Cheers.