logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] highway-symbol and name

From Ralf Reimann ralrei at gmx.de on Sun Oct 25 16:27:57 GMT 2009

 Clinton Gladstone wrote:

Are you doing this in MapSource or on your GPS unit? I noticed that
> MapSource will only display the first part of the name, which is used in the
> highway shield (for example B57 or B58), but when I view the same streets on
> my eTrex, cursoring over the area gives me the full name (B58 Weseler
> Strasse). (If this doesn't work for you, what GPS unit are you using?)

You are right. On my Etrex Legend HCx it shows (B58 Weseler Strasse) when
cursoring over the street. In Mapsource 6.15.6 it shows only (B 58).

But I tested again the routing instructions on my etrex. Turning in any
street with a highway-symbol assigned tells me only to turn right or left to
the ref (no street name).
Is it in the Garmin City-Navigator the same?

Ralf