logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Suppressing or fixing zero-length arc warnings

From Marko Mäkelä marko.makela at iki.fi on Thu Oct 1 07:52:30 BST 2009

Hi Mark,

> To be honest, I don't really understand why you are getting zero length
> arcs - are you not using --remove-short-arcs?

If I use remove-short-arcs, the messages will go away.  But I am not sure
if I am satisfied with that as a solution.  Based on the error messages,
I did fix some 30 or 40 crossings where the junction node was missing
and one of the roads had two nodes very close to each other.

It would still be nice to get warnings, but I guess that separate validator
tools (such as the JOSM validator plugin and http://keepright.ipax.at/) are
a better option.

I looked at StyledConverter, and passing additional attributes to the
imgfmt domain looks a little complex.  A similar conversion would have to
be done in the MP format as well.  So, perhaps I should forget about this
idea after all.

	Marko