logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Commit: r1140: Added support for extended types.

From Thilo Hannemann thannema at gmx.de on Wed Aug 19 22:15:33 BST 2009

Am 19.08.2009 um 22:17 schrieb Simon Josefsson:
> How do I use the test-map:all-elements feature?
>
> (I have a problem with highway=service roads on my Legend HCx when it
> uses Swedish, it labels the roads as "Allé" which I suspect is a
> mis-translation of "Alley" -- solving this might require firmware
> fixing
> though..)

When invoking mkgmap, instead of giving it all those *.osm files, you
just use "test-map:all-elements" as the input file name. This is a
virtual file so to speak and will generate the test map. Normally it
is centered around London, which might be not what you want. By
setting the *environment variables* BASE_LAT and BASE_LON you can
place the test map at any coordinate you like. How you set environment
variables depends on your operating system. On a Mac (using the
standard bash shell) and also on Linux with the bash shell you can use
"export BASE_LAT=..." and "export BASE_LON=..." to set it in the
terminal. You'll have to use the same terminal to start mkgmap,
because the environment variables are separate for each terminal.

Regards
Thilo