logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] routing and cycleway=track

From Sven Geggus lists at fuchsschwanzdomain.de on Fri Jul 24 21:30:15 BST 2009

Mark Burton <markb at ordern.com> wrote:

> Here's a question: when you have a cycleway lane/track, are bicycles
> prohibited from using the road or can they use the road if they wish to?

I suppose that this is different in different countries. In Germany
there is a term called "Radwegebenutzungspflicht" which means that
you are required to use a cycleway if there is a traffic sign like
this:
http://de.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Datei:Zeichen_237.svg

There are some cases with cycleways not marked by this sign, but this
is not the norm.

> I wonder if when we generate a cycleway, we should be adding a
> bicycle=no to the original way?

As german law is concerned this would be the way to go. It may
however not be that important, because I don't care which way the
Garmin actually uses as they are on the same place anyway.

Sven

--
/* Fuck me gently with a chainsaw... */
(David S. Miller in /usr/src/linux/arch/sparc/kernel/ptrace.c)

/me is giggls at ircnet, http://sven.gegg.us/ on the Web