logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Mkgmap .img generation bug

From Felix Hartmann extremecarver at googlemail.com on Thu Nov 27 09:49:47 GMT 2008

There seems to be a but that appeared very recently (I assume about rev
714/715) in the .img generated by mkgmap. It's not possible to integrate
them into Mapsource any more (Mapsource will crash on selecting). I will
try to find out why and approx at what rev. this bug was introduced.
Currently it's only possible to use --gmapsupp.img and then use gmaptool
"Split files for Mapsource". to get the maps working in Mapsource. I
haven't tested wheter .img generated by mkgmap without --gmapsupp.img
work on Garmin Units themselve.
It may also have to do something with the new --style-file

Felix