logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Gaps in surfaces

From Ticker Berkin rwb-mkgmap at jagit.co.uk on Thu Oct 5 16:37:39 BST 2023

Hi Gerd

I've changed the way mapUnit and highPrec Coords are calculated slightly so that the exact 1/2
unit boundary values are consistent between negative and positive. This gets rid of my couple of
abnormalities with a -32 delta. The old method added or subtracted 1/2 to make ((int)double) do
rounding, which assigns the exact 1/2 to the larger abs value.

toHighPrec(), as in yesterdays change, keeps its bounds consistent with the mapUnit it is
splitting up but is now coded in a similar way to toMapUnit.

I think rounding to get MapUnits is a mistake but changing it now could have drastic
consequences, it should have been floorToNegInfinity, giving the nice cyclic scale -128..+127 <<
24. As it is, we get -128..+128 << 24.

Equator & Grenwhich Meridian behave well, but I've always had doubts about behaviour around 128

Hope this makes sense - patch attached

Sorry, haven't thought about the actual problem with the gaps yet.

Ticker