logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] House numbers

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Sun Sep 17 14:02:31 BST 2023

Hi Micheal,

I've no idea how to force the rendering of further labels in Basecamp. Maybe you can ask Garmin why they don't display the other labels?
There might even be a special label to force that, but I have no idea what that would be.

Another altervative could be that there is a special character which could be added to the 1st label so that it is not rendered on the map but shown with the address info.

The question is if Garmin will tell us such a trick...

Von: mkgmap-dev <mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk> im Auftrag von Forstner Michael <forstner-m at a1.net>
Gesendet: Sonntag, 17. September 2023 14:45
An: 'Development list for mkgmap'
Betreff: Re: [mkgmap-dev] House numbers

Hello,

however, with the current implementation we have the problem that the street
name only gets the house number (see attachment). From my point of view,
that is not okay. BaseCamp simply needs a street name to display this
correctly. In OSM, the street names can remain unchanged or unnamed.

Thank you!

Best regards,
Michael