logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Why does the default typ not render cycleways?

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Sun Nov 27 16:13:44 GMT 2022

Hi ael,

the "default typ" is the one that comes with the firmware of the Garmin device.
On my Oregon 600 the type 0x11 is also not rendered very well, maybe it is
rendered as white line or not at all, not sure what it is.

Von: mkgmap-dev <mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk> im Auftrag von ael <witwall3 at disroot.org>
Gesendet: Sonntag, 27. November 2022 16:23
An: mkgmap-dev at lists.mkgmap.org.uk
Betreff: [mkgmap-dev] Why does the default typ not render cycleways?

Just a quick question: when I compile with default style and typ,
cycleways are not rendered.

I need to use, say, mapnik.txt to see them.

So far as my very limited understanding reaches, the default style has

highway=cycleway [0x11 road_class=0 road_speed=1 resolution 23]
garmin type 0x11. So far so good (and mapnik picks that up).

But the default typ seems to ignore 0x11, although I cannot find that
specification just now.

Have I missed something? Why don't the defaults render things so
significant as cycleways? This seems to have been the case for at
least a year.

ael