logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Combining img files to a single map

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Wed Nov 2 15:38:35 GMT 2022

Hi Harri,

I don't understand why you want to combine the different gmapsupp files. What would be the
advantage compared to having multiple files?
I have four or five different gmapsupp on my device, I can enable/disable each and I can update
each one separately. Why would I want to combine them into one large file?

Von: mkgmap-dev <mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk> im Auftrag von Harri Suomalainen <hsuomal at welho.com>
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 2. November 2022 15:44
An: Development list for mkgmap
Betreff: Re: [mkgmap-dev] Combining img files to a single map

Yes, I've been trying to combine multiple gmapsupp files. I have a
workflow that makes uses mkgmap to make several files from the same
splitted files using "mkgmap -gmapsupp ..."

How does one combine tiles when there are multiple styles used with same
source tiles? Compile without -gmapsupp option and then combine multiple
.img -files? (Are there restrictions like should they be same family or
whatever, as long as different mapname/id?)

At the moment I have tiles, use mkgmap with some style and then run
mkgmap with another style to make overlay like arrows for oneway streets
and I need to combine that kind of results.