logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Combining img files to a single map

From Harri Suomalainen hsuomal at welho.com on Tue Nov 1 13:09:31 GMT 2022

I'm had problems combining different maps to a single file with mkgmap
(latest version but this has been a long term problem)

What are the requirements for combining? I seem to not find any
documentation about it other than that mapname should be different on files.

I'm generating multiple files, all with different family-id, product-id,
mapname and map description. They all use different typ-files matching
the file family/product-id of the compiled map.

Combining with gmaptool (command-line on linux) has been successful with
"./gmt -jo gmapsupp.img basemap.img fixme.img oneway.img". (Using a very
old 2015 version, just because I have had it installed)

Combine attempts with like "java -jar mkgmap/mkgmap.jar --gmapsupp
basemap.img fixme.img oneway.img" give very small files and I get
warnings like "WARNING (global): Could not copy MAKEGMAP.MPS
uk.me.parabola.imgfmt.FileExistsException: File MAKEGMAP.MPS already exists"

What is the correct way to go? (Only my basemap has routing information,
other files are overlay info like fixme marking, oneway arrows and similar)

Chears, Harri