logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Indexing street belonging to two cities

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Fri Oct 14 19:24:38 BST 2022

Hi Piotr,

yes, with *.mp files this should be easier. Please provide a sample input and desccribe the expected result
and also attach the output from cgpsmapper.
You can upload a zipp here: https://files.mkgmap.org.uk/

Von: mkgmap-dev <mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk> im Auftrag von Piotr Wawrzyniak <wopozka at gmail.com>
Gesendet: Freitag, 14. Oktober 2022 20:02
An: Development list for mkgmap
Betreff: Re: [mkgmap-dev] Indexing street belonging to two cities

pt., 14 paź 2022 o 15:31 <gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com> napisał(a):
> this probem exists probably around the world. Some mappers split OSM ways at boundaries
> to solve this.

Hi Gerd,
So if I understood correctly it is mainly a data problem not a
compiler problem itself. I am using mkgmap for compiling mp files, so
streets location is clear. As I said cgpsmapper supports this type of
street sharing using @ within cityname. Presently I am compiling
source with cgpsmapper, but I would like to use mkgmap for this
purpose, as for new Garmin receivers there are better voice commands
(especially keep right/left works as it should). I know that mkgmap is
mainly for osm sources, but do you think it would be possible add this
feature for mp files?

Cheers
Piotr